Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 10


It was chicken fajita night. I made yummy homemade whole wheat tortillas yesterday for the first time. My daughter has had one with butter and sugar and cinnamon for a snack two days in a row. I felt that this was a good sign that she wasn't going to balk at chicken fajitas wrapped in these delicious warm tortillas. Um....wrong.



Tonight I used grilled chicken, onions, red pepper, mushrooms, and frozen corn in the fajitas. I gave Hannah a tortilla and she chose to fill it with chicken, some corn, and snap peas that I made just for the children. I gave Asher some cut up grilled chicken, and snap peas (it was Friday...I was tired...I didn't want to push it.) Hannah ate a few bites of her "fajita" but then ended up just eating the "guts" and leaving the tortilla on her plate. (???)

Asher insisted he didn't like the "black part" of the chicken (it was grilled on the gas grill) and, even though he was the one that suggested we buy snap peas at the market today, just pushed his snap peas around his plate. He eventually ate his chicken and took 1 bit of snap pea. Then he asked for more chicken, ate one bite and for some reason gagged and spat it back on his plate.

Conclusion: Hannah got a  smile sticker. Asher (although threats to send him to bed were sprinkled throughout dinner) got a grumpy sticker. They are both cleaned, pajamaed, and are watching a Disney Junior show before bed.

Just a note....dinner time still sucks in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment